Midland Auto Accident Attorney | Midland Car Wreck Lawyer | Midland Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Midland area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Midland, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Midland area.
When Should You Hire a Midland Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining a Midland, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Midland auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a Midland auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a Midland car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need a Midland Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Midland car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Midland area and in all areas of Midland County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a Midland, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Midland accident attorney.
Midland Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Midland you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Midland will try to successfully handle your Midland car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to a Midland bad faith insurance claim.
Midland Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Midland Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Midland area. Midland Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a the driver of the car that hit you was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call a Midland Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Midland Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Midland, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Midland fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Midland auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (361) 676-6683 ;
- As soon as you are able, call a Midland car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by a Midland ambulance, you can later get information at:
Midland EMS or Fire Department
1500 West Wall Street
Midland, TX 79702
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Midland, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Midland Police Department : (432) 685-7110
Midland County Precinct 1: (432) 688-4711
Midland County Precinct 2: (432) 688-4712
Midland County Sheriff: (432) 688-4600
Other reasons to retain a Midland, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Midland County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Midland, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Midland County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Midland car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Midland will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
A Midland injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Midland car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Midland County Civil Courts or Midland County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Midland trial courts include:
Midland County 142nd District Court
Midland County 238th District Court
Midland County 318th District Court
Midland County 385th District Court
- If your Midland injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Midland tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Midland involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Midland Residents
Midland Area Medical Facilities
BCA of Texas
Select Specialty Hospital
Ector County Hospital District
Big Spring State Hospital
Big Spring Hospital Corporation
Midland Area Automobile & Tire Repair
Firestone Complete Auto Care
Sears Auto Center
Lone Star Automotive
Hertz Local Edition
Hertz Car Rental
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Midland area or anywhere in Midland County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Midland vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Midland and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Western Texas, including Ackerly, Andrews, Big Spring, Bounce, Broome, Coahoma, Crane, Forsan, Garden City, Gardendale, Goldsmith, Goldsmith, Penwell, Greenwood, Klondike, Knott, Midkiff, Midland, Midland Rural, Monahans, Odessa, Patricia, Pleasant Farms, Spraberry, Stanton, Sterling City, St. Lawrence, Tarzan, Lenorah, Thorntonville, Warfield, Westbrook, West Odessa and other communities in Martin County and Midland County.